Overview: The Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) is now aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).
This update to the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) will provide a common and coherent approach to classifying chemicals and communicating hazard information on labels and safety data sheets. This update will also help reduce trade barriers and result in productivity improvements for American businesses that regularly handle, store, and use hazardous chemicals while providing cost savings for American businesses that periodically update safety data sheets and labels for chemicals covered under the hazard communication standard.
Standard(s) Covered: 1910 – Subpart Z, 1926 – Subaprt D
Attendees will be able to:
• Describe how the HazCom Standard keeps you safe from the dangers of hazardous chemicals
• List common hazards of chemicals you may encounter
• Describe how Safety Data Sheets can help you work safely with chemicals
• Explain what to look for on chemical container labels that can help you determine if the chemical is hazardous
• Recognize how to keep yourself safe when working with chemicals.
Hazard Commuication covers the following topics:
• HazCom Standard
• Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
• Hazards of Chemicals
• Chemical Classification
• Chemical Inventory
Safety Data Sheets
• Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
• How to Use SDSs
• Label elements
• Written Program
• Keep Yourself Safe